2.13.2009

purchases to feel good about



(*taken in the crowded old apt)
What i did buy at Salt Lake Antiques is this amazing trunk with original shipping stickers and tags ($100) and rad cast iron/vinyl bench ($95). I wish I had a picture to post of the gorgeous vintage vanity/dresser I bought at my favorite store (and the best secret in Salt Lake--I'll definitely blog about it soon) Emilie Jane (someone else who loves it).
In talking with the owner of SLAntiques I learned that if you're looking for furniture/antiques/consignment pieces (which I find are made with more integrity and better craftsmanship) now is a buyers market in the antique business. With such a terrible economy nothing is going for what it would otherwise be worth at auction--hence my $1000 trunk for $100. I still wish my income were higher as there are so many amazing pieces I'm coveting.

1 comment:

Annalece said...

I'm obsessed. These pieces are fabulous. I need to go to this place. Take me mama.