1.14.2010

Riddle Me This...

How does one get out of a funk?

How do you get out of a funk?

... and not funk like funky, groovy, psychedelia funk. the much less fun kind.

To top it all off, I slept funny last night and, as of the last 9 hours, I have not been able to turn my head more than a few degrees to the right.

I'm sorry to complain, really, I mean, Haiti*--(sigh) they've got things to complain about. Horrible, horrible, devastating tragedy happening world-wide and I feel like I want to complain? And I feel guilty for feeling shitty for a few days because, really, I've got it going on and have nothing to complain about. Which of course is the cyclical downfall of these types of moods so, any suggestions? It happens to all of us...

*I saw this post, and I (also) listened to Morning Edition this morning, and I think the simple, straightforwardness echos my own sentiments. Pay day is tomorrow and I'm going to give my small (but much needed) contribution to relief efforts. I encourage anyone to also contribute to Doctors Without Borders or the American Red Cross.

2 comments:

libby said...

sleep. then do something for darling. then sleep some more. then maybe you'll feel better, and maybe not. that's my formula. sorry it's not 100% solid, but it works every now and again. :)

Ann-Michelle said...

I make myself super busy. Get all the things done I never do. And take Advil.