2.12.2010

Penguin Classics



Yes, I too (along with everyone else) fell in love last fall with the announcement of a US release of the new Penguin Classics cloth bound series designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith. Although I've tried to avoid posting about them, 5 new books were released including Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, which, at least to my sister and I, is a pretty big deal (I currently own 4 editions). Pink Flamingos? Are you kidding me? Perfection.






I've actually been trying to think of a good reason to donate the editions we currently have (unless they're loved, in which case, we just add another edition of the same book to the collection) (But who needs 2 copies of Lady Chatterly's Lover?) and replace them with some eye candy...

Did you listen to my Valentine yet? It's been on my mind all day:

Not long after that serendipitous phone call, Druyan had an idea for the record: They could measure the electrical impulses of a human brain and nervous system, turn it into sound, and put it on the record. Then maybe, 1,000 million years from now, some alien civilization might be able to turn that data back into thoughts. So, just a few days after she and Sagan declared their love for each other, Druyan went to Bellevue Hospital in New York City and meditated while the sounds of her brain and body were recorded. According to Druyan, part of what she was thinking during that meditation was about "the wonder of love, of being in love."

Images Via D*S

No comments: