2.11.2010

To: Me - Love: Me

It's the season of love, so, love yourself too, right?

I like to look friends, a lot. I like to browse clothes, shoes, bags, home decor, craft ideas, tutorials, puppies... I'm down to thumb through websites and magazines or spend time in antique stores and boutiques. (The one place I find myself having real problems is the mall. I just don't do well in malls.) But folks, I have a confession--I really almost never buy.

Lately I've been feeling like I really need a wardrobe face-lift. A few new pieces, here and there, to give my old ones new life.

I saw the killer post-holiday sales at Urban Outfitters and decided to indulge in the cut-out bootie trend with these:



Although much edgier than I usually opt for, the matte navy leather make them easy to dress up or down. The platform heels make them practical to wear (and I tend to be a wobbly-walker and a complainer when it comes to heels) and its nice to see a pop of fancy during an otherwise, monotonous day.

I also bit the bullet and bought a "grown-up" bag. No more $1.99 Old Navy tote for me! (at least for now.) I couldn't justify spending the money for a leather bag, so I was excited to spot this pretty plum colored vegan bag by Street Level from Need Supply with a shoulder and cross-body strap.:





I forget that colors like navy, plum, and olive can work as neutrals...
I'm feeling good about this...

1 comment:

Ann-Michelle said...

The navy, the stitching,and the heel, and even the rivets remind me of mom's shoes. Do whatever you wish with that information.