3.23.2010

She & Him




If I have made you a mix cd post 2004 chances are more than likely there is at least 1 M.Ward track on it. M.Ward and I have been in a sort-of love affair for a few years now. In 2008 I was super excited about the release of the first album (Volume 1) from She & Him a collaboration between M.Ward and adorable actress Zooey Deschanel. Her sweet early 60s voice and M.Wards melodies of perfection make for a dynamic and spellbinding sound. Their second album (Volume 2, respectively) was released around my birthday this year and you can listen to the entire album courtesy of NPR here

So why am I only writing about this now? Well, I happen to have an amazing boyfriend who bought me She & Him concert tickets for my birthday!! The situation was serendipitic (is that a word?). They just happened to be playing in the city I've been most excited to visit since moving to the South: Savannah, GA and it just happened to take place during Darling's spring break. Fate, no? I'm more than amped to get out of Dodge and have a change of pace, a change of scenery, and a romantic long weekend in the sleepy, charming, coastal town with the boyfriend I don't get to spend nearly enough time with these days.We leave after work on Friday..

2 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

Exciting, a vacay is always welcome and for a concert it's ever more so!! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I'm definitely adding a link to yours, hope that's okay!

Logan said...

LOVE She & Him. Can't wait to pick up Volume 2! And I am jealous you get to see them in concert! boooooo