6.29.2010

45 Books: Progress

I'm going to get over myself with the "counting" and "not counting" and devise a comprehensive list of all of the books I've read so far this year. I read them, they all count. The variety and difficulty level vary so widely that I can take some slack on the easy end. If I didn't, I'd never get through. Moreover, I would be a total elitist ass**** if I only read books as difficult as The Complete Works of Rimbaud or as long as The Executioner's Song I can hang with Fantastic Mr. Fox, right?  So, I've taken a couple of weeks off for the show, for vacation, etc. and I'm trying to figure out where I stand.

Can I still read 45 books this year? Am I running out of time? What do I need to do to get on track? Well, here's the list thus far:

1. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - Seth Grahame-Smith
2. Animals Make Us Human - Temple Grandin
3. In Defense of Food - Michael Pollan
4. The Human Stain - Phillip Roth
5. And The Hippos Were Boiled In Their Tanks - Jack Kerouac and William S. Burroughs
6. The Diversity of Life - E.O. Wilson
7. The Crying of Lot 49 - Thomas Pynchon
8. In Cold Blood - Truman Capote
9. Coming Home to Eat - Gary Paul Nabhan
10. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling
11. The Professor and the Mad Man - Simon Winchester
12. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J.K. Rowling
13. Arthur Rimbaud Complete Works - Arthur Rimbaud
14. The Year of Magical Thinking - Joan Didion
15. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling
16. How to Read and Why - Harold Bloom
17. The Immortal Game - David Shenk
18. The Executioner's Song - Norman Mailer\
19. Fantastic Mr. Fox - Roald Dahl
20. Persuasion - Jane Austen

I believe that I'll have finished book 21 by tonight slash tomorrow. We are in the midst of week 26 for the year. 52 - 26 = 26! The half-way mark (I feel like somebody should host a party this week for the occasion!).  45 - 21 = 24.


24 books + 26 weeks = Still on track.


w00t.

3 comments:

Camille said...

Go you! I need to read more and you are my inspiration! Your trip looks like it was AMAZING!!! I am going to call you soon... I am in need of a chat with a dear friend :)

Rachel Swan said...

Your trip looks so great. And you look super hot in a swimming suit(especially with your rockin' hair!!!) I also wish we could have spent more time together post high school lameness, I think you're pretty fantastic, too :)

Samuel said...

That's awesome. I didn't make it 25 days into my resolution (to post a picture a day (http://picsfrom2010.wordpress.com/)). Mainly because my camera inexplicably quit working, but I didn't buy another or use my iPhone (both viable alternatives). Congrats on your sticktoitiveness.