6.11.2010

Final Weekend

moi

 The gorgeous, talented, "tiny as a minute" Ondine.
I'm just getting to know her, but I'll tell you, I think she's going to be one of my most favorite people. 


eMPHasis on Blue wraps up this weekend. Please come check it out if you haven't seen it yet! 

Where: Evergreen Theater (formerly Circuit, at Belvedere and Poplar)
When: Friday and Saturday 8PM, Sunday 2PM

We've gotten mostly good reviews, although some were less kind (here,  here) and I received a mention in one which, is exciting--my first. 

I'm so happy (and incredibly grateful) that I still have opportunities to perform. Although dance is not full-time, I haven't let it go as "a thing of the past," which I'm very proud of. I don't need to be a professional dancer to do what I love, opportunities are around for non-professionals too, it just takes a little research and a keen nose! I still need it to play some role in my life: for my sanity, for adventure, for focus, for a distraction, for an outlet, for connections, for art, for opportunity, for joy, for community, for beauty...  Dancing has led me to most of my closest friendships, has helped me adjust to new places, and been the relief I needed in some very dark times. My dance is me. I still need it. Thank you Project:Motion for letting me into your little community, I can't wait to see what's in store for the future.

Happy Weekend
xoxo

1 comment:

Camille said...

Stand out dancer Emily Argyle!!! That is fantastic Em! You really are amazing at this and I have always enjoyed watching you dance. Keep up the brilliance