6.24.2010

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig

We're back! Alive, well, refreshed, anew. Our world looks happier even if it's entirely possible we may melt into the sidewalks in the Memphis heat (it was 94 degrees when we landed last night at 10PM).

La watched Cash (again) which is amazing of her, since this is the third week she's watched him in 7 months, and Baby Boy is doing wonderfully.

Traveling home was long and grueling. We had some nasty layovers for 4/3 hours in Miami/Dallas, respectively. The total time en route rounds out to around 18 hours. However, I'm proud to announce that it was time well spent. Many stories to tell. We found ourselves having some truly amazing experiences. I'm considering changing my alias from Sissy Jupe to "Scuba Sissy, Adventurer" I think I'll get business cards made. Some letterpress junkie would love to design Scuba Sissy cards, don't you think? 

Beautiful country, beautiful culture, excellent food, nice people, new experiences, inspiration, and finding some serious zen. Almost nothing could be more different than the 8-5 world I find myself in day to day, which, I say, is the mark of a successful vacation. A true get away.

So, things are good. I've got a lot going on this week but I'll be back sooner than later. I'd like to write about the trip while it's still fresh. I haven't even looked at our photos yet. One day I'll develop the photos, write about, and post our Savannah trip. I'm hoping that even sooner I can tell you about this one. 

Hope you are well!

xoxo

Sissy

3 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

I can't wait to see pictures!!! :)

The Dahle's said...

em thanks so much for your comment on my blog! you are so sweet and I loved the comment. I am grateful that you blog too so I can keep tabs on your wonderful and adventurous life! I am so glad that you are doing well! love ya and miss ya!

welundell said...

ahh home again home again jiggity jig!