8.06.2010

Happy Weekend


{photo via the talented Geoffrey of Sad Kids}


Darling's sister is spending the next two days with us before her flight back to the North West. It's interesting living in Memphis because it's so famous, so much history in this town--much more to see and do than I was able to this past year...  So, if you were in Memphis for a weekend what would you want to do? Are you the Graceland type? Would you check out Stax or Sun Records? Or are you the type to be content to just walk along the Mississippi River after a morning at the Farmer's Market? The Civil Rights Museum is located downtown along with the American Cotton Museum. Would you go on a mission to find the best BBQ in Memphis or would you like to hear the Blues at a local pub? I'm curious. For me, it was all about finding the music -- Home of the Blues.



Bon Weekend Everyone! Be Safe
xoxo




P.S. Here is a Darling pick (it's basically on non-stop rotation along with The National) for the Endless Summer PlaylistClick here to listen.


1 comment:

Rachel Swan said...

Music for me too. But the farmer's market + the Mississippi river sounds like a great way to spend a day as well. I went to Bonnaroo in 2004 and fell in love with Tennessee, even though the heat almost killed me (I was cringing all through your post about the heat), I've always regretted not taking a side trip to Memphis.