8.04.2010

Mood Boost


My flowers from last week's farmer's market continue to work their magic on my house and general disposition.





In other news:
I will be teaching a contemporary-lyrical class this Saturday at Theatre Works 1-230PM.
This is your bribery to come join ...





I think M.Ward is brain washing me with binaural sounds in his music. I have a problem. It's okay.




+++

Why do we need a mood boost, you ask? Because its hot. Stupid hot. Politically Incorrect hot. Inventing strings of curse words hot. Get out of the shower and never completely dry off hot. Like today for example, there is supposed to be a high of 105F, but since we're in the swamps South it actually feels even hotter than it is (painfully so) and that temperature is also known as the heat index number. Today's heat index is, wait for it... wait for it...

one hundred nineteen degrees

Seriously. one hundred and nineteen effing degrees friends. I don't know if you're just a better person than I am or what, but it's hard for me to function/breathe/exist in that kind of heat. It's hard to smile when your sunglasses fog every time you get in the car... like when you blow your hot breath onto a frozen window, and the temperature difference causes it to fog, you know? Except, now imagine it feels like it's one hundred nineteen degrees outside and your ninety degree body is the frozen window. So that's why we're thinking happy pretty thoughts today. I would murder for a glass of lemonade right now.
 

2 comments:

e-sos said...

this is why i won't move back to texas.

Rachel Swan said...

I love your house! Hardwood floors?! I would love to see more...