8.23.2010

A Summer Song

Gorgeous photo via jonas peterson
Those mountains make my heart leap out of my chest, you know.


Endless Summer Playlist #6 Nick Drake - "Cello Song"


I decided to go with a Nick Drake tune for the next playlist addition, but which Nick Drake song to post?? Although I typically associate his chilly sound with the onset of autumn (which we are -hopefully- not far from), I still find there is always something fresh about Drake. Five Leaves Left has always held its own as a stand-out album to me, one of those few gems that I can listen to from start to finish without distraction or impatience. I settled on "Cello Song" because it unfailingly reminds me of the many drives I have made through the Colorado Plateau and Northern Arizona desert (during summer 2005 in particular). Personally, I really love the rough quality and texture of the "Cello Song" cello. What do you think?

He's one of my very favorites.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful pictures, it totally reminds me of back home in Colorado. Ahh to be there again. Love the song too!

http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

Jessica C. said...

Love the song; appropriate for a lazy summer afternoon.