9.17.2010

Happy Weekend

I know its been over-blogged but I too look forward to reading Anthology Magazine when it comes out! I love their first theme of the slow life. Something I'd like to consciously incorporate into my weekdays.



To enjoy a bit of the slow life ourselves, Darling and I wake up early on the weekends and I make a full eggs n' bacon (over-easy, of course), sliced avocado and  toast breakfast with coffee and juice. Saturday, I usually hit up the Farmer's Market afterward while Darling gets going on lesson plans, and then the day usually turns from there into the usual to-do's... Love those big breakfasts though. We both look forward to them enough that we are willing to run to the store if need be, we both somewhat despise the grocery store.

For the next few weeks I'll be rehearsing for 6 hours on Sundays. It's not the duration of 6 hours that is intimidating, the kicker for me is the fact that it runs from 3-9PM. Three is just so late for me to start such a demanding stretch of physical activity! Any tips for snacks, energy or mind boosters to help this girl out? I can't decide if an early morning yoga class will help wake my mind up or just tear down my stamina. I was so wiped this last Monday, I'm going to try and be proactive this time.



Happy Weekend Friends
Take it easy.

xoxo


2 comments:

Karalee Kuchar said...

I just had the best veggie sandwich, I wish I could eat it all over again!
Whole wheat bread
roasted red pepper hummus (a generous amount)
sliced cucumbers
spinach
sprouts
avacado
It's a green sandwich!
also.. my aunt makes her own granola bars..maybe I
could get the recipe. Toasted almonds.. pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds.. I can't remember. to be continued
xoxo
-k

Rachel Swan said...

mild back bends (bridge, modified camel, even cobra), anything that opens + stretches you side body, + good, strong breath. That's what I do when I'm feeling exhausted + it seems to do the trick.

Let me know what you think about Anthology...I'm curious to see what it's all about.

Hope your weekend was awesome + that you're happy. Sending you some positive, BIG ENERGY vibes. xoxoxo