10.06.2010

Nashville Love + Quick Hello

hello.

I know that I'm technically out but I had to drop in and let you know how great I think Nashville is from what I've seen. If given the opportunity, you should definitely go check things out. Aside from seeing another incredible show (The National--it's own post next week) I thought I'd share with you a few of the great things Darling and I found in Nashville during our very short visit!


A Few Reasons to Love Nashville


Hatch Show Print:


Print junkies and design lovers beware. Hatch Show Print has been creating posters since 1879 and continues to live up to their reputation. The shop is closed on Sundays (!!) so we weren't allowed to enter but their stellar work can be seen all over town. From all the posters and menus they've created for other Nashville notables (love local!) their style is easy to spot and always spot on. We walked away with one of their posters from the show but I'm pretty sure I would have been willing to dip into my savings account if necessary had their doors been open. See some of their work at this online gallery. Located Downtown near the Ryman.


Bound'ry:

Image via Pan South

The locally owned, New Southern style Bound'ry is a must-eat. Beautiful interior, excellent service, nice ambiance, comprehensive wine list, and food-gasm inducing appetizers and entrees (MMM, AHH). Darling and I had such a great time, one of those meals that is a sensory experience that burns itself into your brain (you've had those meals too, right?). Might I suggest the ostrich from their new fall menu? If you're not up for it (although you really really should consider it), or are vegetarian, I'll point you in the direction of the wild mushroom risotto. mmmmmmmmmmm. Located in West End near Vanderbilt.



Image Via Ryman

Again (as with the show) more on this to come; however, it must be noted that I've never been to a venue with better sound quality. Sound + Lighting = astounding. This beautiful venue opened its doors in 1892 and was home of the Grand Ole Opry from 1943-1974. Go there if you get a chance. Located Downtown.


Short Hair Love:

Current image unavailable - but - no one loves your boy-short-with-bangs haircut nearly as much as Nashvillians. I have never received more compliments on my hair than I did during my brief stay in the Country Music Capitol. Love the part where Nashville helps boost self-esteem.




Darling and I enjoyed wine and appetizers at Andrew Jackson's super swanky Hermitage Hotel Oak Bar. Built in 1910 and impeccably restored the hotel is a landmark stop that's possibly already on your itinerary. So why not head downstairs and pretend you're a lot fancier (and wealthier) than you are? (It's vacation!). We enjoyed fried green tomatoes with a fire pimento cheese spread, baked oysters on the half shell, and deviled eggs with a bottle of Pino. The low key, underground, and very masculine "gentleman's club" vibe was a nice break to rest my feet and warm up from the brisk air (it's welcome, I just didn't anticipate the cooler weather while packing).





Another stop in Nashville is definitely in the forecast for the near future.
Hope you guys had a great weekend/are having a great week!


xoxo

No comments: