2.03.2011

Bookish {-Adjective. 3. of or pertaining to books; literary}


"And when the event, the big change in your life, is simply an insight--isn't that a strange thing? That absolutely nothing changes except that you see things differently and you're less fearful and less anxious and generally stronger as a result: isn't it amazing that a completely invisible thing in your head can feel realer than anything you've experienced before? You see things more clearly and you KNOW that you're seeing them more clearly. And it comes to you that this is what it means to love life, this is all anybody who talks seriously about God is ever talking about. Moments like this."

— Jonathan Franzen, The Corrections

2 comments:

Lacey. Kellen. Beck. said...

Hey there! Noticed you posted on Rach's blog and decide to stalk. Won't lie, I'm loving what you've got going on here. And I love, love, love this quote. I'll definitely be stopping by more often! You're beautiful by the way... always thought so :)

Rachel Swan said...

This is so beautiful! Love the photo too, makes me miss home (even though I'm only an hour away).

Speaking of 'bookish' things, I want to talk about Angle of Repose. I finished a few weeks ago, but it keeps popping up in my brain at random times. I found the ending to be kind of...odd? Maybe not odd, but unexpected anyway.

What did you think?