3.17.2011

Big Fosse Smalls

I'm hunting for inspiration as I embark on this choreography journey for Frame By Frame. I'm happy to report that I've been pleased with my first few rehearsals. It's been years since I've put something on stage and it feels like a brand new process. In a lot of ways it is, but I digress. I've completely abandoned the Six Feet Under ideas (maybe for another time) and I find it particularly interesting that I've actually come full circle, back to my first idea, it's just unfolding differently than I had primarily imagined. Happy accidents.

If we've met in person you've probably heard something of my adoration for the work of Bob Fosse or (at the very least) that Fosse was the name of my darling kitty (rip bitty girl). I think the genius of his influence in the world of dance and musical theatre (in all of its facets) is impossible to overemphasize. I could honestly go on and on, waxing poetic and geeking out, but I'll let you enjoy this one for now.



Feeling inspired?
Maybe we should make a phone date to geek out now..



No comments: