4.11.2011

Fried Chicken + Salsa {Dancing}


+


 =

The finest Friday night I ever did heard of.


I mean, c'mooon... 
Gus's Fried Chicken (+ fried pickles + chess pie) (gah, gah, gahhh) and Salsa Dancing with dancey friends??
I double dog dare you to come up with a better Friday night plan.
It certainly doesn't occur often enough...

+++



Was also lucky enough to take Little Sister to see CND2 on Saturday.
Compañía Nacional de Danza 2 is a contemporary ballet company based in Madrid, Spain.
The performance was stunning. Particularly the partnering work. Such strength both physically and technically. Gave all sorts of inspiration to take to Sunday rehearsal.

+++

Speaking of, rehearsals are going really well. It's amazing that the dance has a life of it's own at this point. So much so that I need to be more mindful in recognizing that I can edit the piece as it comes out, that editing is ultimately the biggest and most difficult job. And that it doesn't have to run out from under me. Although, it's been happy surprises and lots of fun to discover along the way.

More to come...

Hope you are well friends
xo

No comments: