5.03.2011

Before & After {DIY}



Yellowstone National Park

Canyonlands National Park


I recently refinished a pair of nightstands we inherited from Darling's childhood bedroom. Ditching the dingy white paint for a high-gloss, peacock blue and kid knobs for classic crystaline seemed to be just the right touch for these two beauties. My original plan was to paint the door fronts in a teal contrast; last minute, I opted for these national parks maps we had stashed in a drawer. From our small map collection, we chose places that were the most meaningful to us. I think it's a fun/alternative way display what was otherwise just taking up space! They're certainly not perfect (there are a few things I would change about the application process if I had a chance to try again) but overall I'm happy with the way they turned out!

5 comments:

Camille said...

They look great! That was a wonderful idea. I love a little meaning thrown into everything it is so much more interesting that way!

Steph said...

super fun. super cool.

Annalece said...

Love Love Love!!! These are so gorgeous, Em! What an awesome idea. I need to try this out. Do you have dates for your trip yet?

welundell said...

These are amazing Em! I love them! I wish you lived in Logan and you could help me with my projects, you have always been the creative one.

Rachel said...

Ooooohhhh! I do love peacock blue! These are really great, Em. Love the the maps + nobs, too!