Remember tonight is Project: Motion's 1920's-themed fundraiser. $25 at the door. Free featured drink every hour. $3-cocktails and nibbles. Location? Well, that's a secret. But it's somewhere between the Madison Hotel and Main (*cough* Live From Memphis *cough*). Look for the speakeasy sign out front. The password isn't swordfish. Or is it?
Remember we will feature a host of diversions, including:
- Live music by the Side Street Steppers;
- A photobooth run by photographer Molly Kennedy, in which visitors can have their photo taken with Charlie Chaplin and The Kid;
- Prohibition-era cocktails and wine for $3, plus a different free drink every hour;
- A "tea station," courtesy of Starbucks, for the teetotalers in attendance;
- A silent auction of items including locally made art and jewelry, tickets to Grizzlies and Redbirds games, tickets to theater events, restaurant gift certificates, wines from Fredric Koeppel's personal cellar, and more;
- Hourly lessons on 1920s-era dances (ahem, Sissy Jupe is your Dance Mistress y'all)
- Catering by local chef Michael Nabors;
- The premiere of a locally made short film featuring the Project: Motion dancers; and
- Later in the evening, music by DJ Jason Witnesse Sims.
Thank you so much for your continual support, hope to see you there!