7.29.2011

Wedding March

One of my favorite things about Darling's sister's wedding (woof, that's a mouthful) was the music choices for the ceremony. I can't shake this one from my head. The story goes that she had been planning on using a Richie Valens song for damn near a solid decade. It was her, "this-is-what-I-want-to-walk-down-the-aisle-to song" for years and years (admittedly, its a fantastic choice) and one of her close friends used it to march down the aisle just a few months before her own wedding. Not that it would have been inappropriate to use it as planned, but she just couldn't go through with it anymore--I definitely understand the upset and sentiment of someone "stealing" something from under you (this is exactly why folks are weird about sharing their unborn child's name). Yikes, right?! So a few days before the ceremony she settled on using this Air song for her wedding march. So pretty, so perfect. I keep listening to it on repeat.

No comments: